Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Back Again

Having returned to the "Lower 47", as my brother calls it, I now attempt to re-join the blogging world, having left behind my old Xanga account and moved on to better things.
I wasn't sure if I was going to keep blogging; college definitely hampers it. Which brings up the question, Why blog in the first place? Blogs that are glorified journals, including foods inbibed during the space of a day or repetitive sequences of daily events seem very pointless, not to mention monotonous.
The Lord has brought me back again and again to the poignant realization that He, our Maker, created us Solely for His glory. Every thing we do, including eating and drinking, is to magnify Him above all else. He is our Treasure, our Delight--His love is truly "better than life" as David says in Psalm 63. Why blog? Because I believe that in doing so, He can be exalted and lifted up and believers can be edified and encouraged. I am no theologian. I am not wise--nor would I classify myself even as "smart." Any and every thing in my life is a gift from a loving and gracious Heavenly Father, to which I can hold no claim or possession or right. I'm glad for the verse in Corinthians that tells us He has chosen to use the weak and beggarly elements. We have His Treasure in vessels of clay so that in all things, He might have the pre-eminence...that God might be all in all.
There is no God like Him. In Psalm 43:4 David begs for God's light and His truth, after which he proclaims: "Then will I go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy, and I will praise You with the lyre, O God, my God."
God My Exceeding Joy. May you find His precious face to be your Exceeding Joy this day.

No comments: